Sunday, April 19, 2015

This week! See what happens next...

Another week has passed and with its passing, concludes our tour in the classroom.  Several weeks full of information came to a close with a hostler final and a midterm term test to gauge where we are at in preparation for the final in two months.  All quizzes and tests require a minimum of 90% to pass. The hostler test was a must pass test in order to remain employed with the company.  It will allow us to run locomotives within a yard or terminal area after a few training rides.  I passed and will continue on as we head back out for seven weeks of on the job training before we come back for one final week of review before we take the final on June 12th. 

It's been over six weeks now with this journey and continue to push forward.  I miss my family dearly and wish I could just be in their presence.  My senses yearn for familiar.  Touch, smell, sight.   I hurt with its absence and wish I could look forward to a confirmed date but at this point, it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford to have them out for some time, until July for Romans birthday unless something opens up financially to have them out sooner.  I don't know if I can do it.  That's three months away and it's only been a month and a half.  I hate the sound of knowing that it'll be four and a half months that pass without them all in my daily life.  I don't know how long I could continue to do this knowing that I could continually be absent from their lives for that long in between visits.  

I've gotten a chance to make time to get away and try to enjoy myself with the people I work with by going out to the park for a bike ride or just connecting.  I went with a friend to visit his folks over the weekend in Miles City, which is a lot prettier in terms of color and topography. It reminds me a little of parts of Eastern Washington.  I also got the opportunity to check out a couple of surrounding towns that could be considered home, depending on where I'll be able to hold a position at.  The weekend was great and I was able to unplug for a moment of all that connects us to the rails.  Here are a few pictures of the week in general.  

Thank uou for everyone that has taken the time to view the blog and follow along with my journey. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment